Friday, September 12, 2008

The real point

The reason I put this article on my blog was not to highlight the fact she did not know what the Bush Doctrine was (there is no disputing the fact she was clueless and she should have known what it was).  It was to highlight she has no foreign policy credibility.  After 8 years of a President who had no foreign policy experience entering the white house and destroyed any credibility we had around the world, I can not in good conscience vote for a potential President who has travelled to less countries than I have and is twice as old as I am.  I have an issue with any party that thinks it is a good idea to elect a candidate that has little knowledge or respect of Muslim culture, yet thinks it is a good idea to force our culture and beliefs on them. 
Do I think that democracy is wonderful and it should be realized by all?  Yes........However, it is important to have respect for other ways of thinking and cultures before trying to change them.  There are better ways of spreading democracy then through war!!!!!!!!
When I vote for a potential President or VP, I am looking for a person who is much much more intelligent than I am when it comes to economics, energy, and global issues. A McCain/Palin ticket may have been something that I would have considered 8 years ago, but we live in a different world Post-Bush and I know that Obama is the man for that job or at least I really hope he is.    

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I hear ya. "Knowledge and respect for musims." What better way to get the upper hand than by electing a "Muslim."