Saturday, September 6, 2008

My first official blog

Watching the Republican Convention the other night, there was a familiar face missing. Who you might ask? The one the only George W. Bush. I asked myself why would the leader of the Republican Party for the last 8 years not show up to the Republican convention. Your guess is as good as mine.

"Speaking as a private individual, I would not vote for John McCain under any circumstances," -James Dobson


What is the word I'm looking for..............flip.......flip......oh yeah flop.
James Dobson also has stated on many occasions that he thinks that women with children should stay at home with them. I think it is a bit ironic that he supports Sarah Palin as she has 5 children, one with Down syndrome and one that is pregnant. Seeing as Vice Presidents should be ready to replace the President should anything happen (a very likely scenario given that her running mate looks like he could die at any moment) we should view Mrs. Palin as we do a President. I would like to ask the mothers in our family (mom, auntie, sara, charis) that have more than 4+ children, if they believe that they could raise their children the same way if they also had to run the free world. Now, I am all for women working and running for political office, and could not be more pleased to see our country progressing in this election to have two major female candidates, as well as, a black candidate, however, it must be stated that either the country would suffer or her children would. I just do not have the stomach for a candidate who represents the “moral high ground party”, but was married only 8 months when her son was born and has a 17 year old daughter that is knocked up. I cannot even imagine the shit that would hit the fan if Obama had a daughter who was having an illegitimate baby that was only a couple of year younger than its uncle. What is this Father of the Bride part II? The Republicans are trying to spin this and say, “Oh look she is just like everyone else with the same problems and she is so heroic in her efforts to keep her family together.” Blah Blah Blah I just wonder how heroic the Republican Party would have thought Hilary Clinton was if Chelsea Clinton(not sure who would have sex with her) had gotten pregnant during the Clinton administration. They would have painted her as a bad mother who should be spending more time at home and not trying to further her political career. Would they have been as forgiving and acted with as much class as Obama did?

Quote of the Day:

“I’m a f….in’ redneck who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes. But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s… and just f…in’ chillin’, I guess. Ya f… with me I’ll kick ass.” and “I don’t want kids.”
-Levi Johnston
Now that is excitedly who I would want to marry my daughter.

3 comments:

sara jackson said...

I must say it would be difficult to run the country with my kids!! Even though they are WONDERFUL!!

Ryan said...

Oh dear Samuel. You must remember that Palin is "Red" through and through. While we Everyday American parents must stick to the laws of parenting that are "vaguely" defined in the geneva convention. Public officials such as Palin are able to use methods such as waterboarding to keep the rascals in order. So rest easy my "Donkey" friend. When Palin and whats his name win the election the kids will not be an issue.

MJN6 said...

I know I could not run the country and raise my children. They would have kicked me out for sure. DFACS would have been called immediately because my kids would have been cleaning the toilets and mowing the White House lawn. I am not faulting Mrs. Palin for what she is doing. There are many wonderful working mothers that love their children. They do a great job raising their children and having a career. I'm just not one of them.